Viola’s 2023 annual survey on employee benefits for Israeli tech companies reveals valuable benchmarks that can support HR activity with relevant data.
The survey includes responses from more than 40 start-ups with operations in Israel.
Here are some key insights:
- Despite current market conditions, nearly half of companies have made no significant changes to their welfare and benefits budgets.
- That said, more than 35% of companies have made reductions to welfare and travel budgets.
- More than 70% of companies provide less than $2000 per employee for their annual welfare budget.
- Employee participation in corporate ESOP has remained relatively unchanged from previous years – approximately 71%.
- Cash incentive for employee referred candidates has dropped dramatically from previous years (only 27% of companies provide NIS 6000 or more, compared to over 50% last year).