Companies invest enormous resources in developing great products and aspire for the highest level of customer satisfaction. An incredibly vast amount of rich technical product content is the life force behind developing products, building user knowledge and removing friction during customer onboarding and throughout the product journey. This runs the gamut from user guides and API docs created for launch day, release notes and training materials that accompany every update, and knowledge base articles and community discussions that address common customer questions.
This content is a major asset that continuously grows and evolves as a company expands its product offering. However, in most companies, it is woefully underutilized – a hidden treasure indeed.
As an investor, I was struck by Zoomin’s ability to enhance the usability and value of technical product content for their customers. Zoomin’s impact on their customers’ KPIs has quickly attracted dozens of major tier-one customers, including Dell, HPE, McAfee, and many more, and serves as a strong testament of remarkable product-market fit.
Zoomin is utilizing AI to disrupt the technical product content ecosystem – why does this matter?
Zoomin helps great companies with great products “communicate” with their users across the entire customer journey.
● Pre-sale: prospective customers reference technical product content very early in their journey to evaluate product features and capabilities.
● Post-sale: onboarding and adoption is guided by content hosted in multiple self-serve touchpoints, such as a vendor’s documentation, developer, partner, support and community portals
● Support: When customers encounter friction with a product, customer success and support teams are expected to have the most relevant and helpful answers at their fingertips as they serve these customers
However, the breadth, depth and diversity of this content means it is created by a range of different teams that use duplicative and disconnected systems and formats, and is delivered inconsistently across a dense jungle of siloed channels. This creates a confusing and high-effort experience that erodes user confidence and amplifies frustration while missing opportunities to help users get the most of the products they use.
Zoomin Software identified this huge gap in the user experience and developed a knowledge orchestration platform that automatically orchestrates content from any source to deliver personalized product answers at every key stakeholder channel, spanning documentation sites, customer service portals, support communities, product applications and more.
Instead of forcing users down a frustrating and confusing maze of information, Zoomin customers can deliver an easy, personalized, and intuitive self-service experience that provides their end-customers with the most accurate and contextually relevant product information. By removing frustration, decreasing time to value and exposing users to full product functionality, Zoomin has an immediately positive impact on end-user satisfaction.
Content usage data drawn from every interaction also provides business insights that can inform executives about what their customers need, identify areas friction and ultimately drive KPIs – including improved case deflection rates, NPS, retention and adoption.
Here are a few examples of highly tangible benefits experienced by Zoomin customers:
● 40% reduction in avoidable support cases
● 320% increase in page views
● 17% increase in NPS
To lay claim to best-in-class customer service and support, one must hone intelligent, self-service connectivity between the customer and the valuable information they need. The process of engaging with content must be simple and personalized for the customer, and importantly deliver the most helpful and contextually relevant information. Zoomin achieves exactly this – it strategically hits on several mega trends that deliver on companies’ desire to differentiate, according to Gartner.
● Self-service – A top three priority for customer service leadership that relies on robust, organized, automated and easily accessible knowledge.
● Personalization – This attribute is shifting from being desirable to being strategically imperative to drive loyalty.
● Content unification – A unified content strategy improves consistency and usability (which is what content is created for in the first place!)
● Customer experience focus – The number one priority to drive loyalty and workforce productivity
● AI driven insights – Embedding AI across the customer journey allows humans to engage only when it matters most
No doubt these trends will only accelerate in the post-COVID world. We are excited to partner with Zoomin and its three incredibly talented founders, Gal Oron, Joe Gelb and Hannan Saltzman, who hone both the vision and execution skills that will build Zoomin category leadership. We’re looking forward to watching them capitalize on this huge opportunity.